Sunday 22 January 2012

First swatch!!! OPI's Metallic 4 Life

*Throws confetti* Huzzah! So this is my first real review!!!! Yay!  So first up I have OPI's Metallic For life.  It's from the Nicki Minaj collection.  Now while I'm not a huge fan of her music I do go out of my way to learn her songs just so I can do them at Karaoke.  Out of the whole collection this was the only one I wanted (I ended up getting it as a Christmas gift).

Metallic 4 Life is a bunch of hex glitter and tiny square glitter in a black base.  Now I know I'm not a fan of glitter but this one was pretty bad ass once I got it on.

Application was a little tricky.  The formula was goopy, but I was expecting that. The first coat was really sheer and it took me three-ish coats till I stopped caring if it was opaque.  And I say three-ish because even after three coats I still had some bald patches that I fixed.

Now I don't know of or have anything like this so I'm glad I have it.  But the application was a pain so it's not something that I would just wear on a normal day.  If you're a fan of glitter and dark colours I would suggest you get it.  I know some people have said that you can get the same effect with just a plain black base and glitter on top, but I don't think so.  There's something unique and different about it because the glitter is already in the base.  And in my opinion it gives it a look you otherwise wouldn't get by putting glitter on top of a plain base.

This is for sure Valkyrie worthy. Epic stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...