Monday 23 April 2012

Simple Freddie Mercury? + Important Question

If you've been following this blog you'll notice that I think Take That is an okay man band. They're decent and I think with a bit more time they can be stars. But when it comes down to music there is one band that reigns.

Queen.

You can not get better than Queen.  I either have, or have heard every single Queen song.  If there's a concert bootleg out there, I've heard it.  For the most part I could tell you 1) What song was being played at a concert recording within the first few seconds 2) Even if I have 20 versions of one song I can tell you exactly where that specific version is from.

I especially love Freddie Mercury.  I think he was an AMAZINGLY talented musician and writer.  And the way he could hold an audience in the palm of his hand was just mind blowing.

Today I did a simple Freddie Mercury manicure (But I should make it clear that I would never describe him as simple.  Fabulous diva would be a good jumping off point).  I used some of his outfits as inspiration.  Can you guess what outfits I used(The index finger can be a few)? And if you like Queen what are some of your fav songs? Mine are Seven Seas of Rhye, Don't Stop Me Now, The Prophets Song,  I Want It All and Barcelona (Technically not Queen just Freddie), to name a few.  I could go on.


Random Freddie Story!

When someone found out I loved Freddie they said "You know he's gay?".  Yes good Sir. That's the problem.  He will have no interest in me because he's gay.  We can get past the whole he's been dead for 20 years thing though.

Question:  What nail polishes can I buy at Charles De Gaulle Airport? This is clearly important.

Ps. Freddie's outfits from thumb to pinky in case you want to know.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

13 comments:

  1. I love queen and Freddie mercury. I love the great pretender!! Brilliant song. It's a bit hard to pick a band song because they are all so catchy. I want to break free is definitely up near the top. The video makes me smile every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god, I just love Don't Stop Me Now. That band had so many good songs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My love for Queen started at a young age! Sweet mani

    ReplyDelete
  4. White Queen, Fairy Feller's Master Stroke, My Melancholy Blues, '39, Seaside Rendezvous, Jealousy, Keep yourself alive... I've been obsessed with Queen and Freddie since I was 11 when I freaked my mother out by singing Bohemian Rhapsody to her in our kitchen. Love the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love the inspiration behind this! I'm a big Queen fan myself and my mind was blown when I found out Freddie is Indian!! Indians are just...never that awesome lol. I myself have a Brian May guitar amp...he's freakin awesome too, building his own guitar from scratch. My favorite songs will probably be Don't Stop Me Now, Bohemian Rhapsody, Fat Bottomed Girls, Bicycle Race, and Somebody To Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very inspired mani! It was only a matter of time before your Freddie and polish obsessions crossed.

    I don't have much of an opinion on Queen, but every time I hear Bohemian Rhapsody I want to cut a bitch. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was discussing Freddie at a party the other day. If I could turn a gay man straight and bring people back from the dead, I would bang him like a screen door in a hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mani and inspiration! I love We Will Rock You, Somebody to Love and Another One Bites the Dust.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's my random Queen story...

    Growing up my stepfather had an amazing record collection and he was great about letting me play them and go through them. I loved reading the liner notes and looking at the inserts. Skip to the day I picked up Queen - Jazz... Totally basic cover. Black, a little neon pink. I look inside the sleeve. Ooh yay, an insert! Open up the insert and my eyes just about bugged right out of my head. I was about 10 at the time and totally not prepared to see 200 naked women on bicycles at the race. LOL.

    Anyway, I love that song, Bicycle Race and Fat Bottomed Girls and Killer Queen. Also, I loved the song they did for Highlander. Princes of the Universe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an inspired mani! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh, I'm like that with Depeche Mode!!! heard every single song and b-side, and concert version that's out there!! too bad Freddie has passed, I loved his voice!!
    Awesome mani, I might have to do something like that inspired by Dave Gahan (frontman of Depeche Mode)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness I am obsessed with Freddie Mercury. Even my husband knows i am in love with him :) If there is one person that I can resurrect from the dead it would be Mr Mercury. All the interviews and books I've read up on him has only deepened my love for this man. The sad part is I was too young to have seen him live on stage.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...