Friday 29 June 2012

Flakie Love!

So, while Kas isn't a flakie fan, I most DEFINITELY am.  I love the interesting looks one can create by layering them with different things.  I snap up almost every nice flakie I come across, and I eas lucky enough to get my hands on a bottle of Cult Nails Clairvoyant, which I'm extremely careful with.  But far and away, my favourite flakie is Finger Paints Twisted.  It's such a crazy rainbow of colours that looks good with just about any base.  I'm in heaven!  I have a backup because I'm already about 1/4 of the way through my first bottle.  I don't know what I'll do if I run out!

So today I have for you the manicure I put on once we returned from out trip, which is two THIN coats of Finger Paints Twisted layered over one coat of OPI Pompeii Purple and one coat of OPI Too Hot Pink To Hold Em. The two underneath made a really squishy, gorgeous pink base, and the flakies really popped on top.  Even my mom, who usually rolls her eyes at my nails, noticed and said how pretty it looked.


(And yes, I cut my nails again!  I managed to break them on my luggage twice so I'm giving them the chance to grow again.  Also I apologise for the state of my hands.  YUCK, right?  Don't worry, I did a little blurring to cancel out my gnarly cutlicles)


Check it out!


Blurred so you can see the COLOURS! 


5 comments:

  1. Very pretty layering! Love flakies and love the result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! The flakies look amazing over the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flakies! This is beautiful! I wish I had some of the finger paints flakies. Twisted is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, gorgeous squishy flakie deliciousness! Wish I'd gotten my hands on Finger Paints Twisted...

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...