Friday 7 September 2012

Orly's Fowl Play: I don't get you.

I don't get it guys.

Fowl Play is a deep purple jelly based polish (it reminds me of Blackcurrant Ribena if it we made with glitter and a dash of poison).  It's full of  micro glitter, a bit of blue glitter and of course duochrome flakies.  It was opaque in 3 coats.

I feel like this is another polish I can't get an erection over.  Don't get me wrong I don't hate it(great for  fall days when I have really don't know what polish to wear) but I find it underwhelming.  The only place it comes to life is in the sun.  When you can actually see everything.  And I hate the sun.  And even then I almost expect more umph.  This is yet another polish that I don't get what people see in it sometimes.

This polish is probably another reason I don't LOVE flakies.

This polish is also apparently almost a dupe for OPI's Merry Midnight.  So if you do like this or you liked Merry Midnight and either want a backup (and don't want to spend eBay money on it) or you just missed out on it.  I would suggest buying Fowl Play.  And you don't have to worry about ever running out because it's part of their permanent collection.






All photos taken in the sun/natural light.  Minus second last photo (indoor + flash).

12 comments:

  1. Fowl Play is pretty much a purple version of 212, which I have and never use. But I hate brown polish, so I have no idea why tf I bought 212. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's normal to be let down by super hyped polishes. FP is super pretty on you, though. I love your nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matte it! I always find underwhelming shiny polish always looks better matte.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally love it, but you're totally right--it looks a lot better in the light. And awesome idea, Jen! Seriously, when in doubt, matte FTW. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know, i was going to say something about the polish, but after "I feel like this is another polish I can't get an erection over." i just couldn't think of anything to say. hahahah you crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a pretty color, but I get what you mean... I've got a whole bunch of polishes that I love in the bottle but then I'm all "meh" when on my nails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a purple version of SOPI 212!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dig this, but I'm not totally crazy over it, either. I appreciate that they made it, more like. You know, flakies, shimmer, vampy... all things I can get behind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. But it's so pretty and I love it so much! xD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a big fan of Fowl Play, but then I also have a flakie obsession and the crazy complexity of flakies/microglitter/shimmer/IDK what else is distraction heaven for a slightly ADD girl like me.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...