Saturday 2 March 2013

Nori Nails: The Hobbit nails by someone who knows nothing about The Hobbit + I get to combine 2 things I really like! Nails & Food!

Here are the things I know about The Hobbit.

1) Anders (Try not to sleep with me) Johnson aka Bragi is in it.
2) John (Please don't kill me) Mitchell is in it.
3) Sherlock (I'm not a psychopath, I'm a fully functioning sociopath) Holmes is in it.
4) John (I have no feelings for Sherlock) Watson is in it.
5) There's a character named Nori. 

Now the only nori I know is the nori that gives my rice and raw fish loving hugs and the yummy snack I eat.   So rather than look up details on The Hobbit I put food on my nails.

I took a couple sheets from the snack version.  Crushed them with a mortar and pestle, then pained my nails with OPI's My Boyfriend Scales Walls and waited a few minutes for it to become tacky.  Next I simply used my fingers to pick up up the crushed seaweed(it stuck easily) and patted them onto my nails.  Then I finished with 2 coats of thinned down Seche Vite (Dries the same as my SV  that has a normal consistency but enables me to push any sticking up bits down, without making the mani thick.) and 1 coat of SV(normal consistency.)  I love how these turned out!

Oh I should add I also did these "Hobbit" nails because I'm going to another fan fiction reading tomorrow.  The fandom of the night is The Hobbit.

Stay tuned! My next mani will see me take baby steps in the world of stamping! 






12 comments:

  1. LOL!! Hilarious!! I can't believe how awesome these turned out!!! They look so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your seaweed nails are so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, it looks awesome *.* loved it! kisses <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This manicure looks very cool, I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know way more about the hobbit than i do! this is such an interesting idea, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not so wild bout the finished product but love the story n ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha this is awesome! I never would have thought to use seaweed for nail art! :P

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very swamp-thing! :D I love that you did this. How was removal? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am never complaining about glitter removal again. Seaweed removal is 10x worse.

      Delete
  9. I can't stop laughing at this. It looks great though!! I love seeing someone's interpretation of something that they have never seen/ read before. Kind of like when an East Asian person interprets Western fairy tales.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ZOMGLOVE!! This totally looks amazing, and it's so creative and hilarz. The crushed nori really does have an awesomely translucent shimmer to it--I am so stealing this, Kas!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...