Sunday 17 March 2013

St. Patrick's Day Mani: Brought to you by Power Nap

Well I had an interesting night last night.  It consisted of drink tickets.  Lots and lots of drink tickets.  Followed by stumbling to the boys place at 2am and spent the next half hour apologizing for my drunkness, and asking that the lights in the room be left on(I felt less like dying when the lights were on.  The room spun less.)  It was a pretty fun night! But never again...

Anyways this mani is quite simple but before I went out last night I decided to take a power nap.  Long story short I slept too long and didn't have time to do anything crazy.  But I still really like how this turned out.

I used Orly's Lucky Duck and A England Dragon on all my fingers but my ring finger.  On my ring finger I used OPI's Dating a Royal and A Englands Tristam.  And to complete this french I added a strip of gold striping tape.  I really loved the somewhat subtle differences.  And just an FYI the ring finger is blue because blue was the colour that was originally associated with St. Patrick's Day.



And just for fun here is my mani from last year.  Used a real Guinness can for the letters!

 
 So did you celebrate already?  What did you do?  If not do you have any plans for tonight?

14 comments:

  1. Simple, but really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know blue was originally associated with St Patrick's Day/ I will have to find out why it changed to the green we think of today. Interesting. Cute simple mani.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting spin on a french mani, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really pretty! sounds like you had a fun night, im jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute mani! I like the blue/green color combination and the french sparkly tips! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the touch of gold! :) and the glitter looks very pretty!

    ❁【s ᴜ s ɪ ᴇ v ɪ ʙ ᴇ s】❁
    p.s. Come join my big giveaway! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing at all, today, as I finally killed the hangover at 9:15 pm and after nap #3. Never again, indeed. Super fun, though, lol. That's the thing.... Awesome mani! Your french is perfect and I love the touch of gold the striping tape adds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both manis - and the Guinness is nice both on the nails and...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty! And didn't know that about the blue. But doesn't beat your Guinness nails!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like both this year's understated look and last year's "going all out" look.
    I didn't know that about blue either, interesting!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...