Wednesday 30 October 2013

Zombie French! My bloody spin on something cute.

So this manicure was inspired by 2 things.  One thing really good, and one thing a total fail.  The good would have to be these Franken French nails over at Claws Up!  I really liked it and thought it was really cute, but I wanted to try a non cute sort of version of it.  That leads me to the second thing that inspired me.  Almost a year ago I actually tried to decute a different Halloween manicure, and it just turned into one big mess.  It was one of the rare times I posted a fail.

For this manicure I actually used a lot of the same polishes and paints as it did last time with the exception of the OPI and red Essie.  I decided to still stick with a more zombified version and leave out the stitches.  I achived the finished look by painting 3 coats of Essie's Sew Psyched, then covering it with Seche.  Once the Seche was dry to the touch I would make a tiny hole maybe 5mm from the tip of my nail, and then pulled down gently so it tore, and looked like the skin was pulled back.  Next in and around the tear I blotted some black acrylic paint, then over that some bright red acrylic paint.  Then to make it a bit more real looking I added some Cult Nails Quench and Barry M Red Black. (Note:  I didn't clean my brush between colours like I normally do). Finally I smudged some red polish and brown paint of the rest of my nails to give them a dirty look.

This year I am really pleased with how my decuteting went.  Hope you like :)



7 comments:

  1. It looks really disgusting (which is a good thing!) ;). I think this is the only mani where wrinkled coats of polish make sense, normally when this happens to me I go "nooooooooooooooo"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so well made, it really looks like dead, slightly rotting zombie skin (please don't ask how I know, if I told you I would have to kill you muahhha)
    Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creepy!! I love how you did this though. Very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Brethil, it looks disgusting, but that is a compliment for a Halloween manicure! Well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disgustingly Fabulous!! I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thanks for the shout out! These are so sick, i LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...