Sunday 21 December 2014

An attempt was made!: More adventures in stamping!

So here is an autumn post coming to you at the beginning of winter. I decided I wanted to go crazy and try advanced stamping. Because I'm sure we all know the saying "If you have yet to master something, try the harder version of it". I looked at a bunch of tutorials online and I got the gist of it.

Get the outline of the design onto the stamper, then fill it in with colours, topcoat it, then peel it off and stick it on your nail.. In theory this is easy, but it clearly takes time to make it flawless like I have seen some of the other bloggers make it.

For this I used a stamping plate from the Born Pretty Store (BP-19). It has your basic leaf design, which I really like, because it can be used in so many different ways.



Putting the design on to the stamper was easy. The "hard" part came with colouring it in. It wasn't hard, but it was so easy to miss bits(as you can see on my nails). And they were really small in person, and I didn't really notice them till after I had places it on my nails.

Overall I think my attempt was decent. It was by no means perfect, but it was still a good effort for a first go!

If you would like this plate, head on over to the Born Pretty Store. It retails their for $2.99(USD) AND shipping is free. And on top of that if you add our discount code EAL91 you get 10% off!


5 comments:

  1. That's fabulous! I wouldn't have noticed the "missing bits" if you hadn't said it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out very well. I love the leaf pattern. I haven't tried that technique myself. Stamping is still not my strongest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you did a really awesome job! If this is your first time, you made it look really easy! This makes me want to try out stamping again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really good! :-) Also I'm making my first steps in stamping, so I know how you feel, it's not so "flawless" like some of the other bloggers make it :-) Lately I got some BPS stamping plates and stamping is my new "challenge" :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...